Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Three Short Poems

                           I

Silly God and Christ-ian fools spend so much time
Defending a corpse in desperate grasping hopeless hope
That the universe will not swallow them up.

Castrated by fear, they struggle - anxiously mouth and mime
And desperately convince themselves that the slippery slope
Into oblivion is no more than a sip from the mythical cup.

                           II

Dear Sky Fairy,
Please hear my prayer as I’m told you will.
Dear smiling fairy Jesus,
Born of a virgin like Dolly the sheep

Dear Holy Spirit,
Invisible but present - like electricity

Dear God,
If I mutter to myself, how do you hear without ears?

                           III

Why does God not heal amputees?
Is it that He hates their knees
Or stumps or stubs or endless pleas
For new-grown limbs?

Or is it that he does not see
Nor hear nor smell their misery
Because he’s no more than a disease
That we’ve created for our sins?

1 comment:

  1. How dare you insult OUR God... but, gee, I forgive thee outta love, for you're quite ignorant. What's more, I bestow upon you, my just and jolly liege, OUR many avant-garde, sardonic-satire-blogs to plagiarize to thy hearts content. God bless you with discernment --- I was gonna say this: FACT: we will croak at some point in our lifelong demise, thus, our indelible spirit rises-up to meet our Maker - absolutely nuthin we can do bout that; our soul wants to be loved, nourished, enveloped, return-to-her-maker-thing. Jesus doesn't have a sign outside of Heaven saying, 'Those who don't believe? C’est la guerre. C'mon in. Guess I wasn’t as forthright as Marvel Comix'. Be on the pro-LIFE-eration side, don't be on the side which'll swiftly LET/LEAD you down. I’m a small 'peAce-de-resistance' of a Larger Picture: give your soul that final chance. Repent and believe.

    ReplyDelete